Sunday, December 6, 2009

RenAYsance Festival

The day after Thanksgiving (of which the kids and I spent with our good friends the Wrens) we travelled about 30 mins to the annual Rennaisance Festival of which I'm told we butcher the pronounciation. We were transported to a different time and place. Everyone that worked there and half the visitors were dressed accordingly and never broke character.
We got to ride an elephant (not very far and for a ridiculous price) but we did get to ride one.Liam put on a masculine display and hit the platform with all his might. The 3 inch jump the metal puck made didn't quite ring the bell but he was pretty proud of himself anyway.
We were privy to a jousting spectacular in which our allocated green horse lost dismally!

We watched a silent magician who was quite entertaining for the older crowds. The kids attention was in and out and at one point Liam looked up at this guy and incredulously said "Did he get that fat man out of his hat?" . It was one of those embarrassingly funny moments.
Another Mastercard moment. Forget the festival, give me the dead, brown leaves.

Liam wasn't quite sure what to make of this guy but he erred on the side of caution and eventually kept walking.


The kids and I got a good laugh out of this set up. The ironic accuracy in the descriptions did it for me.



These people below were just visitors, it was amazing to see so many people dressed up. And at times a bit creepy. This fairy gave the kids magic gemstones. Liam said right out It's not magic and Ashley fervently exclaimed It is if you believe!
You go girl!

Now I hear Rove is no longer so I may have to start up my own "What the?" segment. Its a bit hard to read but I think you can enlarge it by clicking on the image. My Dad first spotted this is May and said "Now I've seen it all!"


No comments: