Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bon Jovi Roadtrip

Last weekend I went on a road trip to Dallas, Tx to see the almighty Bon Jovi live in concert. On the way we stopped at Woody's Smokehouse where I hesitantly got to sample my first Beef, Turkey & Buffalo Jerky. Surprisingly quite nice with the Buffalo coming a first in my eyes. Bought some home for Mum and Dad to try when they get here in a few weeks. Close to a kabana/salami taste - right up my alley!
It was a weekend for firsts. The first for Jerky, the first for buffalo and the first for fried alligator (see below). Like most things - it tasted a bit like chicken!
This is us (me, Alice, Jen & Rachel) having our pre-concert drinks at the hotel. Does it surprise you to discover we were the average aged rockers there. Not many youngins there but plenty trying to dress like they still were!!
I had an amazing time. I sang and danced from the beginning to the end. Wish Nicole, Megan & Lou could've been with me but had an absolute ball with my substitute family. I will be forever indebted to Robert & Jason (girl's other halves) who looked after the kids for me and allowed me some Cara time (you know that person before I became a Mum??)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: