Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lou, Lou Skip to my Lou!

My dear friend Louise spent a week with us during her big O.S holiday. While I couldn't offer her the beaches she'd seen at Cayman Islands or the flashy shoes (OMG) of New York, I could offer her the individual attention of a 5 and 3 year old, incessant noise, squeals & questions from 6am to 7pm, lasagne for dinner (3 times), arts and crafts and stacks on Lousie!

All jokes aside it was absolutely magical to have her here. We spent a number of lazy days at the pool, we dined and shopped alone (thank god for babysitters), we went downtown to the kids museum & aquarium and saw the local sights around home.

After a tear and a hug I sent Lou on her way to Seattle and have started packing our bags as we are off to see Simon in Washington D.C tomorrow. We are all very excited and can't wait to catch up. I'm going to try my darndest, as golf courses are not typically located in the city, to get a photo in front of the White House! You can't go to D.C and not. Well I might but we'll see. Anyway . . . we will be there for the 4th of July celebrations and have promised the kids they can stay up for their 1st fireworks. Stay tuned. xx



No comments: